Fifth Sunday in Ordinary Time > Sunday Mass

Myeongdong Cathedral

Myeongdong Cathedral is the first brick church in Korea built in the Gothic style.

Sunday Mass

Fifth Sunday in Ordinary Time

페이지 정보

작성자 최고관리자 작성일19-02-10 00:00 조회132회 댓글0건

첨부파일

본문

Today's Missal

Fifth Sunday in Ordinary Time  (연중 제 5 주일)

February. 10th, 2019

1st Reading : IS 6:1-2A, 3-8

Reader : A reading from the prophet Isaiah

In the year King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord seated on a high and lofty throne, with the train of his garment filling the temple.

Seraphim were stationed above.

They cried one to the other, "Holy, holy, holy is the LORD of hostsAll the earth is filled with his glory"

At the sound of that cry, the frame of the door shook and the house was filled with smoke.

Then I said, "Woe is me, I am doomedFor I am a man of unclean lips, living among a people of unclean lips; yet my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts"

Then one of the seraphim flew to me, holding an ember that he had taken with tongs from the altar.

He touched my mouth with it, and said, "See, now that this has touched your lips, your wickedness is removed, your sin purged."

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? Who will go for us?"

"Here I am," I said; "send me"

Reader : The word of the Lord.

All : Thanks be to God.

Responsorial Psalm : PS 138:1-2, 2-3, 4-5, 7-8

R : In the sight of the angels I will sing your praises, Lord.

I will give thanks to you, O LORD, with all my heart, for you have heard the words of my mouth; in the presence of the angels I will sing your praise; I will worship at your holy temple and give thanks to your name. R

Because of your kindness and your truth; for you have made great above all things your name and your promise. When I called, you answered me; you built up strength within me. R

All the kings of the earth shall give thanks to you, O LORD, when they hear the words of your mouth; and they shall sing of the ways of the LORD:

"Great is the glory of the LORD." R

Your right hand saves me.

The LORD will complete what he has done for me; your kindness, O LORD, endures forever; forsake not the work of your hands. R

2nd Reading : 1 COR 15:3-8, 11

Reader : A reading from Paul’s first letter to the Corinthians

Brothers and sisters, I handed on to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures; that he was buried; that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures; that he appeared to Cephas, then to the Twelve.

After that, he appeared to more than five hundred brothers at once, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep.

After that he appeared to James, then to all the apostles.

Last of all, as to one abnormally born, he appeared to me.

Therefore, whether it be I or they, so we preach and so you believed.

Reader : The word of the Lord.

All : Thanks be to God.

Alleluia : MT 4:19

Come after me and I will make you fishers of men.

Alleluia.

Gospel : LK 5:1-11

Priest : A reading from the Holy Gospel according to Luke

All : Glory to you, O Lord.

While the crowd was pressing in on Jesus and listening to the word of God, he was standing by the Lake of Gennesaret.

He saw two boats there alongside the lake; the fishermen had disembarked and were washing their nets.

Getting into one of the boats, the one belonging to Simon, he asked him to put out a short distance from the shore.

Then he sat down and taught the crowds from the boat.

After he had finished speaking, he said to Simon, "Put out into deep water and lower your nets for a catch."

Simon said in reply, "Master, we have worked hard all night and have caught nothing, but at your command I will lower the nets."

When they had done this, they caught a great number of fish and their nets were tearing.

They signaled to their partners in the other boat to come to help them.

They came and filled both boats so that the boats were in danger of sinking.

When Simon Peter saw this, he fell at the knees of Jesus and said, "Depart from me, Lord, for I am a sinful man."

For astonishment at the catch of fish they had made seized him and all those with him, and likewise James and John, the sons of Zebedee, who were partners of Simon.

Jesus said to Simon, "Do not be afraid; from now on you will be catching men."

When they brought their boats to the shore, they left everything and followed him.

Priest : The Gospel of the Lord.

All : Praise to you, Lord Jesus Christ.

Ash Wednesday

The upcoming Wednesday, Mar. 6 is Ash Wednesday, which is the first day of Lent. The blessing and distribution of ashes will take place during the celebration of every Mass. The ashes will be made by burning the remains of the palms blessed on Palm Sunday of last year. Therefore, please bring the palms that you have at home to the church office no later than Mar. 3(Sun).

Please have seats starting from the front row. Also taking pictures during the mass is prohibited. Thank you for your cooperation.

Hymnbooks

a) Order of Mass in number 140

b) Please return the hymnbooks after mass

c) You may purchase new hymnbooks online:

http://ocp.org

You may download the Order or Mass via the following link;

http://mdsd.or.kr/bbs/board.php?bo_table=7030 

Today's Hymns

Entrance

BLESSED JESUS, AT YOUR WORD

Offertory

LORD, YOU HAVE COME

Communion

BEHOLD THE LAMB

I RECEIVED THE LIVING GOD

Recessional

HOLY GOD, WE PRAISE THY NAME

Lord’s Prayer

Please feel free to keep Today's Readings.

Otherwise, you may return it at the door.

• 페이스북으로 보내기
  • 트위터로 보내기
  • 구글플러스로 보내기

A서울시 중구 명동길 74 (명동2가)T+82 2 774 1784Emdsdca@catholic.or.kr

© 2017 Myeongdong Catholic Cathedral Archdiocese of Seoul. All rights reserved.